Monday, March 10, 2008

Time to get serious


Well, its time. To get serious. A recent trip to the scale has shown an unacceptable weight gain. I could stand to now loose 8-10 lbs. I have been accustom to eating whatever I want. Not anymore. I still am training but not to the extent that I was for Ironman. I do miss those days. 1 more year I hope. I have been traveling on business a lot lately. All of those dinners out have caught up. Trying to figure out if I should just notch up my exercises or do I limit my eating. I toy with the idea of giving up beer..But, that would such. I will start by giving up french fries and limiting the amount I eat. I have been thinking that I should ask of half portions at a restaurant. This would be closer to 1 real portion or food or closer to the right amount to eat.

I skipped the group run on Sunday morning as it was 40 degrees. I waited till late in the afternoon to get my 8 miles in. I am taking it easy today and plan a 30 minute run later. I caught 2 spring training games over the weekend. Took Sam on Saturday, I think he had a lot of fun. We watched the last inning from the seats by the dugout. One of the Brave players at the end tossed us a ball. So Sam go a good souvenir.

No comments: