Sunday, March 2, 2008

One down

Rode on the Van Fleet trail on Saturday morning. It was "freezing" cold, in Florida I guess that means any thing in e 50's. At the start of the ride you could see your breath. I had a ton of layers on. My toes were numb. It warmed up by the end of the ride, and I had to strip off some layers. But, off the bike my toes were still numb! We did 1 out and back at Van Fleet for 58+ miles. I felt a lot better this week than the previous time. I did not do a run off the bike as planned.

Towards the turn around, a squirrel darted across the path. It ended up being caught between mine and Gary's bikes. I closed my eyes. It darted...It ended up under Gary's back tire. Gary was able to keep riding. The squirrel some how made it off the path. Not sure of the end result. Squirrel's and rabbits tend to dart across the path. I always envisioned this scenario with a biker going down. I guess it is good that it went under the back tire as opposed to the front.

Sunday morning we met at 5am, for our group run. It sucks getting up that early. we tried a new route and it was nice. I was familiar with bits and pieces of it. It is nice trying a new route. Doing the same routes all the time gets boring. We wound through Bay Hill. They are beginning the set up for the Arnold Palmer invitational. Nice to check out some of the house. We did take a wrong turn or 2. The route ended at 13.5. Not bad for a Sunday morning. I then spent the balance of the day doing yard work. Caught a 6pm flight to Cincinnati.. and here I am...

No comments: