Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another Goal Met

Had a decent run on Sunday. Kristy's goal was a sub 5 hour run. We were able to pull in at 4:56. job well done. It ended up being fairly warm. I took off my shirt about half way through and Kristy ran in her jog bra. We ended up having some chaffing issues because of all the sweat.

Disney is a fun race. It starts way to early, 6am. We had to wake up a little after 3am. I think there were some where over 18,000 runners. It made it trying, dodging all the all the runners. There are 2 separate start lines that come together at about mile 3. There are plenty of characters on the course that you can stop and get a picture with. But, none of that this year. We were on a mission. Kristy stuck with Cliff Blocks as she knew this would not upset her stomach. I can pretty much eat and drink what ever. I did have the worst tasting Cliff Shot on the course, double espresso, it tastes nasty. I liked the double caffeine, but that was it. I tried to swallow it without tasting it...

After, the race we were able to meet up with some of the group that I run with. We then headed home for showers. We had a Mexican lunch that hit the spot. I get about half way through any race and I start thinking about what to eat after. It keeps my mind going.

Next race? Tampa Marathon. I want to work on my goal of a 3:50 marathon. Swam yesterday to loosen up the legs.

Need to sign up for a couple tri's..for this season. Also, need to start working on the wife for approval for a Ironman distance race in 2009..

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Nice job! So at what point did you feel like you wanted to assault Mickey and his friends. I think about mile 22 I couldn't stand to see his happy little face and would want to rip an ear off. Hmmm, I guess I'd better not enter that race. Congrats again.