Thursday, January 17, 2008

On the Road

In Boston on business. Did not get to the hotel till late last night. When I got up to go to the plant it was 12 degrees.. I can not handle that kind of cold any more. I have not seen the sun in the 2 days that I have been here. The sky is a solid grey overcast. I was able to do a nice 35 minute run on the treadmill at the hotel. I tried to get a swim in but the pool is the size of 2 double beds.. As soon as I got in the water 4 kids showed up and decided to have a cannonball contest. I love traveling.

Time to Give Back I will be helping my training partner Clint, train the Team in Training Triathlon Team. I have never coached anyone or anything before. It should be a great learning process. I strated all of this and became and Ironman with the help of Team in Training. It seems fitting that I now pay up. We will be doing the Nations Triathlon in DC September 14th. We will probably begin training May or June. It will be very hot while we do the peak training. I wish I was a better swimmer so that I could offer some guidance there.

My other training partner Gary, is looking at getting a coach to help him meet his goal of a Boston Qualifying time. I wish I had the extra cash to get some professional coaching. I need a 3:15 to qualify for Boston. Although, doing this last marathon. I really like triathlon/ Ironman more than just running a marathon.

2009 is not that far away. I should figure out what race to do.

No comments: