Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Raleigh, NC



Found a nice jogging trail near the Marriott in Raleigh, NC. It was nice to get out and get a 1-1/2 hour run in. I did of course get a little lost or misplaced. The weather was nice. It was a touch humid and I could have used more water on the run but good none the less.


I was going to do a swim at the hotel pool when I got back but it was over run by teens. I will have to swim tomorrow. My son JT has his new bike now. He will do his first tri in a couple weeks. I will get to the YMCA Aquatic center with him or maybe take him to Luckys on Saturday. I think he has a 200m or Yd swim. He is not a swimmer like his Dad. He swims like I used to. I liken it to Jerry Lewis trying to swim or the old Saturday Night live Synchronized swimming skit with Martin Short in a life Jacket"I am not a very strong swimmer"

I think he will be able to do it. I just want to make sure that he gets some training in. The tri will take place at Turkey Lake park and the swim is in a pool. Thank god for lane lines. I remember for my first time in the pool. Which was not that long ago...

I need to get to Tri n Run > for some nutrition for the bike. I have been using Hammer perpeteum. I may try something else. For my long bike last weekend I used Perpetuem, pretzels, SoyJoy bars, Gatorade and a Strawberry Uncrustable
I think that uncrustable was the best testing treat I have had.. I will definitely keep that my nutrition. I felt so good off the run.. I want to keep at it. I used ziplock bags that I placed in the back of my tri top. I was very tough to open the bags. I may switch to the old fold over style.

I am not sure who will be at Ironman Florida for my support crew. I know that my wife Kristy will be there. I do not think we will bring the kids. It would be nice to have them there and have them finish with my, but it is a long time for them to wait around and be patient. I might have my parents come. It would be nice for the support. I think I stressed the 15 hours of bore a little much. This race is like getting married or having kids, a very big milestone. I would like ot see loved one at the start and through out the race....We will see what happens.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try those uncrustables....I use fig newtons and pop tarts. I'm thinking pop tarts are similar to uncrustables.

Cuke said...

I have always had pop tarts before a marathon. I have also discovered oatmeal bits, that are filled with jelly and frosted. They are bit sized and easy to eat on the bike.