Sunday, August 5, 2007

Van Fleet Trail-Flat


Got a good ride in on Saturday morning. I met Gary for a ride at the Gen Van Fleet trail. It is a rails to trails path in Mabel,FL. It is in the middle of no where. The website said there were 2 water stops on the trail, which I did not see. The path was tough to find or not easy to spot off of Rt 50. We met at 6:30 and were on our bikes shortly there after.

The trail is very flat, we were able to average 17.7mph. IThe trail is a straight 29.2 out We ended up doing 82.6 miles. I did have some saddle issues and really need to get my bike fit. Gary had just gone to the USAT center in Clermont, FL. I think I will make an appointment ASAP.

I tried to get a run in on Sundayu morning before my trip to portland, ME but only managed 1:30..

Nutrition for the bike. I had:
20oz water in my Aero bottle,
1 Perpeteum(un flavored)mixed for 5hrs with some rasberry ice Crystal light,
1 20oz Gatorade Rain
1 20 oz Gatorade
3 soyjoy bars cut up
20 bit sized pretzels
1 uncrustable

refilled with 3 bottles of water at the 60 mile mark
when we stopped to refuel.

On the way home I did drink my chocolate milk, some water and a Sobe Adrenaline, sugar free.

Legs felt good after the bike. I was stiff from being in the wrong saddle position.

JT has his mini triathlon next weekend at Turkey Lake park. We have been to the YMCA so that he could practice. Grace is very excited for her swim classes that start on Monday..

1 comment:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Looks like your training is coming right along. We've been riding a lot on the Suncoast Trail but in a week or so, it won't be long enough. :)

Stay as cool as possible out there.