Tuesday, August 14, 2007

1 New Member


My son completed his first triathlon over the weekend! I was very proud. It was a 200yd pool swim followed by a 5 mile bike and a mile run. He completed it in about 45 minutes. He got body marked and everything. There were probably 40 kids. He struggled a little bit on the swim. We practiced at the Y a few times, but he does not really swim freestyle. I got him doing the breaststroke and survived the swim. Now maybe he has a better understanding of what his dad is doing.

I was able to get a 50 mile bike ride in after his race. I did not get on my bike till 10:15, so it was over 90. I have a lovely tri shirt sunburn on my back. I stuck with Perpeteum on the bike, I flavored it with a little raspberry crystal light. The bike was good, I averaged over 18mph which is pretty good for me. I felt good. I just had my bike professionally fit by, Adam at the NTC in clermont. I think I am getting a little more power out because of it. I am a ton more comfortable!

On Sunday I met Gary and some others at the Dr Phillips YMCA. We met up a little before 5am to get a 17 mile run in. Yes 5am it was plenty dark. We had to beat the heat. It was over 80 at the start.

I never run with anyone else so it was good to run with other people. It made the time go by. My legs felt good. I took 2 Enduralyte capsules(Hammer Nutrition)before the run and 2 ever hour or so. It seemed to help. We went to Starbucks after for a little coffee. I was able to sneak a nap in on the porch later in the day. I needed it! This coming weekend I will get a 60-75 mile bike in. I hope to get a little run in off the bike. Traveling this week in Charlotte, NC. I will get on the treadmill today and a little hotel pool time.

No comments: