Monday, August 20, 2007

Long Run and Squishy shoes

Got a bike and a run in this weekend. We met at the Clermont WaterFront park to do the Great Floridian Half Ironman Distance bike course. So we did the 56 mile bike and then did a quick run off of 2 miles. The bike course was fine. We finish with BuckHill and Sugar Loaf. I felt pretty good. We did average over 18mph. We are thinking about getting out to the Van Fleet trail next weekend to get some good mileage in.

I am feeling better with my nutrition. I am taking more Enduralytes, which seem to help in the heat.

Sunday morning I was up at 4am again to meet Gary and his group for an 18 mile run starting at 5am. Good run. My ankles were a little sore for the first half. I am so glad I was running with others, otherwise I would have done 12 and called it a day. At the end of my run I started to feel some blisters coming on as my shoes were squishing...Yuck.I am happy for my recovery day today. The kids started school today. I might try to get to the YMCA to do a little swim to help loosen up..

No comments: