Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Long Boring Ride

Well All, another early Saturday morning. Clint and I met at 5:40 am to drive to Cocoa Beach for a bike ride. We were on the bikes by 6:40 am. It was a nice morning. The ride started good enough. The plan was to ride 40 miles out and back. What a boring ride. We had figured that this was a good route for scenery. NOT. We followed A1A the hole was and did not see much.

We got to Sebastian Inlet and turned around at about 39 miles. It started to get hot on the way back. I spoted a clock at a bank on the way back and it did read 90…We did stop at a Publix on the way back to reload on water and stuff. I refueled with a Sobe Adrenaline Sugar Free. I do like my energy drinks. The caffeine helps. I am not sure if the rest does any thing. Maybe it is physiological. The ride was good all in all. We did a little over 78 miles averaging 18.5mph. The ride was probably a good representation of IMFL flat and windy.

I was able to sleep in a litte at get a 12 mile run in on Sunday. I debated whether or not to run with the group at the YMCA. In the end I opted to sleep the extra hour and run on my own. I did a out an back loop through downtown Disney. Good Run the bottom of my foot hurts now. I am not sure what it is. It could be from the bike, it is almost where my bike cleat is. I am concerned it could be something else like planter factitious. . I have never had any problems with the bottom fo my feet, so I am a little concerned. Like any thing I am hoping to wake up tomorrow and it will be gone.

I did a 1:06 swim at the Y before catching my flight. Good swim. Foot was not an issue. I will take it easy the next couple of days and see what happens. This weekend we are planning a 100 mile ride on Saturday and a 20 mile run Sunday. Yikes. I need to work on my brick runs. I am feeling good with each of the distances. I just need to put it all together.. I would like to do a couple Ocean swims with the St Pete Maddogs triathlon group.. I would feel a lot better to get osme experience there. I would like to do at least 1 swim with the group and then we can go over and swim on the weekend and work it into another work out…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Long boring rides are good for the soul. Good mental training! Just found your site so I'll be following along. I'll be arriving in Florida on Oct 30 from Huntington Beach, CA. My first Ironman. Keep on keepin' on.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Let me know if you swim with the Mad Dogs. That's only 20 minutes from my place.