Monday, October 22, 2007

Race Ready

My weekend. I took Friday off. I had planned on one last 100 mile ride at Van Fleet Trail. I had some conference calls and work stuff that came up so I could only do 60 miles. Gary did 85. How crazy is that that a 60 mile bike ride or is only 60 miles. I only have to run for an hour. That is how it is.....The ride was fine. I adjusted my seat down and forward slightly. This seemed to help my hamstring. No issues of the bike. What a relief. Friday we had both Gary and Clint over for a cookout. I wanted our wives to meet as they are going to ride to Panama together.

Saturday. Gary and I met at Luckys for a swim. It was raining fairly hard but it did not effect the swim. The main goal here was to check out the wetsuit. I like the sleeveless a lot. It felt good and gave me good mobility. I did 1K with it and had to take it off, as the water was still 82. We did a total of 4K. Felt good. The balance of Saturday was spent doing family stuff. JT had a science experiment to do with Diet Coke and Mentos.

Sunday. 4am wake up call. I met Gary and for a 20 mile run... The plan was to do 2 loops so that we could stop at the Y and refill our water. We ended up doing a large loop as, we did not want to stop at the Y, for fear we might not start again. So we ran for just about 3 hours. I am calling it 20 miles as we had no way to measure. Good run, my legs felt good. I was worried about my knee and hamstring so no issues is good.

I dropped my bike off for a tune up. I am traveling through Thursday this week. So nice easy workouts on the treadmill and stationary bike. Its all downhill from here. Next weekend I will be in Clearwater for a wedding, so I can test my full and sleeveless wetsuits and obsess about that for a while. I need to start making list of things to bring. I should buy arm warmers and more Perpetuem..

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it says IRONMAN!!

I want my race number.

No comments: