Monday, October 8, 2007

Saturday Bike

Clint and I met at my house for a planned 80 mile bike. We had to wait a bit till it got light enough to leave. Of, course as we were leaving it began to rain. It rained pretty steadily for first 10-15 miles. other than that the ride was pretty uneventful. We rode out to clermont, did a loop around the lake and then headed back. The wind picked up and it was not a fun morning. I am not sure if I was pushing to hard a gear or what, but my left hamstring and and right knee are sore.

We did about a 4.5 mile run off the bike. The plan was to go longer, but it was getting to hot and we did not feel great. It's funny it was raining or over cast most of the morning and we get on the run and it seems that the sun comes out and there is no wind.

I guess all of this is just good practice. Kristy did the Race for the Taste at Disney on Sunday, so no run for me. I did get a long 90 minute swim in.

I planned on running this morning, but I am concerned about my knee. A couple times while walking around yesterday, my knee seemed to give out and I had some shooting pain. So I will take it easy today and try for a long run in the morning.

I just picked up an Ipod Shuffle as my Nano is broken. I am loading it up for my next run.

No comments: