Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Van Fleet Trail-Windy



Well I was solo for my Sunday ride. Plus, my ipod is broken. I got to the trail a little after 6:30, of course it was still dark. I had driven Kristy's minivan, so I stretched out in the front seat and waited for sunrise. I did fall asleep. I did not want to start out on the trail in the dark because I was not sure what I could run into.

The ride was okay. The first 29 miles was fine. I was averaging around 20mph and feeling good. I was actually a little chilled the start of the ride. I was maybe 75 out and humid. I am starting to think about what to wear and what to pack.

I am feeling good about my nutrition. I think I will put some sort of energy drink, to give me a little boost in my special needs bag for the bike and maybe the run.



The return ride. I was brighter and getting warmer. But the wind was picking up. It got pretty windy. I was able to still keep my cadence and mph up but not much. for the day I ended up about 18.5mph. On the way back I ran over some kind of snake with my bike. It freaked me out. I am not sure what kind of snake it was. I know it was big. I did not see much wild life wild life this trip. I did see a ton of thse huge spiders. I am covered in these thick spiderwebs at the end of a ride.


I ended up at around 80 miles. I quick changed into my running shoes, and put on my water pack. It was now very windy the trail was empty. I ran out 2 miles and back. The first mile my legs felt like crap, as expected. I ran through it and felt pretty good. On my last my or so I was running on the paved trail right next to the brush. I looked down and their was some kind of snake maybe 2 inches from my feet. I think I jumped straight up in the air..

I got home and showered and then it was time to sell popcorn in front of the Publix with my son Sam. I was fine, I was able to run to the Starbucks for a cup of coffee to get me through the rest of the day.

No comments: