Monday, September 3, 2007

Getting it done.

This was a good training weekend. On Saturday, I met Clint and Gary at Van Fleet trail. The plan was for 100 miles. The trail is 29.2 miles out and 29.2 back. It is incredibly flat with not much to look at. I guess it is good training. We were able to average at least 19.5mph. Which was great. I still have some issues with my left foot. I am not sure if it is planter fasciitis or just a bruise. I had some pain to deal with for the last 40 miles. I may try moving my cleat back a little bit on my left shoe so I am not pushing on that part of my foot.


We saw plenty of rabbits, tortoises, and a few snakes. Apparently, rabbits like to cross the path when they see bikes, so it made for several near misses. I also almost hit a tortoise the size of a basketball. It did get warm towards the end of the ride and we were off the bikes before any rain or thunderstorms. All in all I felt good, but it was good to get off the bike. I could have rode another 12 miles, I Guess.

My family went to the beach Saturday afternoon to leave me to rest from the bike ride. They knew I would be busy training this weekend so they got away. Clint and I stopped at Tri N Run so I could by more HAmmer Gel and then we had some pizza. I spend the balance of the afternoon relaxing and rehydrating.


Sunday morning was another, 4am wake up. I can not wait to be able to sleep in. I met Gary and the group from the YMCA for a run. The plan was for a 20 miler. I ended breaking off with Awald and I think we did 21. Legs were a little spent the last 6 miles. But, my foot was not an issue. My toes did go numb at times...

I can not wait till the heat and humidity breaks. I think it was 80 at the start of the run and very humid. My shoes were squishy after 8 miles.

Today, is labor day, to I helped with a cub scout project and the plan is just to hang out. Trying to fugure my trainig for next weekend. I need to do an open water swim. not sure if we will go to Luckys (www.luckyslakeswim.com) or go to St Pete beach. I would like to get 50 miles in on the bike after the swim. I also need to work on my run off the bike. So much to do so little time left.

No comments: