Monday, September 10, 2007

Lake Swim


Got to Luckys this weekend for a lake swim. I have not been in several weeks. We have had an issue with Amoeba's in the local lakes. 3 young kids have died because they got infected with this bacteria. Apparently, this occurs in lake water over 80 degrees. In most cases it is in shallow still water.

This is not the reason I have not been to Luckys lately,,, The swim start on Saturdays, is now 7:45. It gets a little late in the day to do a couple crossings and then get on the bike. I met Gary at the Lake and there was probably 15- 20 others. Before, this Amoeba issue there would be a lot more people swimming. We did 3 crossins. Over and back is 1K, so I got a good 3K swim in. It is great being able to swim long, as opposed to the 25 yds at the YMCA. After, my swim I headed home. I did an hour on the bike and then a 30 minute run. I was under time constraints as my wife had a bridal shower to go to.

Sunday morning we met again at 5am to so a 12 mile run. Run felt good. It is still hot here, so I got squishy shoes towards the end. I am in need of new running shoes. I just ordered a pair on line and hope to have them before this weekend. I am in Danbury, Ct now. I plane on doing a light run on the treadmill. I am taking a personal day wednseday this week to get a good workout in. I will also head to St Pete to swim with the triathlon club over there. I would like to do 1-2miles in the ocean..Saturday we are planning a 120 mile bike with a run after and Sunday is another 20 mile run...FUN

No comments: