Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The POOL


I spent some time at the YMCA aquatic center yesterday. I got a 1:21 swim in. I think that is about 4000yds. I have given up trying to count laps. With the short lanes in it is just to hard. I felt good and probably could have kept going. I think this weekend I will get an open water swim in at Luckys. I need more straight long swims. I am also planning on taking half a day wed next week to go to St Pete Beach and swim with the St Pete Mad Dogs triathlon group.

I hate swimming in the pool. I wreak of chlorine. I shampoo twice and scrub but can not get ride of the smell. I did an hour run after my swim outside. It was close to 90 so, I got to sweat all that chlorine out. It sucks when it gets in you eyes. My hair(what little there is) is like straw.

I am starting to freak out with only 8 weeks left. I need to get some ocean swims in and more bricks. Next weekend is a 120 mile bike with a run off. Ocean swim is priority 1...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny....an hour and twenty of counting laps..no way. Sometimes I lose count at 4...now was that 4 or 5?

Cuke said...

I do the same thing. I start thinking of things and my lap count is gone..