Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Van Fleet-VAN BORING

Well on Saturday we met bright and early for our planned 120 mile ride. We had to wait a little to get on the bikes as the sun was not up at 6:30. The trail is 29.2miles long so we did 2 round trips. We averaged over 18.5 miles per hour for the hole day. I got in a little trouble as my family was expecting me home a little sooner. The ride took over 6 hours....That takes up a good portion of the day.

I was good on nutrition for the day. It was very hot of course. We did get some wind for the last 29 miles. I mixed a 5 hour bottle of Perpeteum, flavored with lemonade mix. I had the aero bottle filled with water and 2 other bottles with water. I had 1 uncrustable at around 60 miles. I also snack on pretzel nuggets, a cliff bar and a Pay day. I make sure that everything is in bit sizes pieces, they seem to help me get more water down. I also use Enduralytes, 2 per hour.

The plan called for a run after the bike. We were able to run for about 2 miles after. Not a great run of course.

When I got home Saturday it was aquick shower and off the run errands. It was my sons birthaday on Sunday, so we were having 3 kids sleep over.

I was not able to take a nap that day and I paid the price on Sunday.

We were to do a 20 mile run on Sunday. I was exhausted. I could only manage about 10 miles. I cold have probably kept going, but I would have been worthless all day. It was Sam's 10th birthday and I did not think it would be fair to him. I have taken a ton of time away from my family with training and work. I will have to find time for a 20 miler soon. This Sunday is the Disney Triathlon. I will do a 1K swim on Saturday morning and then maybe a bike. Then I will race Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good decision Cuke.....I'm sure your son was stoked.